To begin the celebration of IGBO’s 35th anniversary year, the IGBO Fundraising Committee is happy to announce the Winter 2015¬†Mail-In Tournament benefiting the next IGBO Annual Conference in Omaha, Nebraska.¬
In support of the upcoming IGBO Mid-Year Conference in Jacksonville, Florida, bowlers from across IGBO bowling in regular league play registered and submitted their scores for the IGBO Summer Mail-In Tournament.
The 2013 Summer Mail-In Tournament runs Sunday, July 7, 2013 through Saturday, July 27, 2013 and serve as a fundraiser to benefit the IGBO Mid-Year Conference and Tournament XXXIII in Dallas, Texas.
Mail-In Tournament Rules:
- The tournament is open to any bowler from any IGBO member league and IGBO Associate Members.
- The tournament dates shall be July 7, 2013 through July 27, 2013. Each league shall select a¬†consecutive 2-week period, beginning on a Sunday for the tournament.
- Payment of entry fee must be received by the League Secretary or IGBO Representative prior to the start¬†of bowling. Payment covers both weeks of the tournament. Bowlers who bowl on more than one IGBO¬†Member league must enter separately for each league.
- Scores used shall be those bowled during regular league competition during the stated period of the¬†tournament. The bowler‚Äôs highest 3-game series shall be used in the tournament per league. ¬†If a bowler is absent during league play during tournament, their series shall be zero.
- Entering average to be used shall be the bowler‚Äôs average as of April 15, 2013 (minimum of 21 games¬†required) on the league from which the bowler is entering. A signed and dated copy of the League Standing¬†sheet reflecting the appropriate average information MUST accompany the entries from the league.¬†If current average is not valid, prior season highest book average (minimun 21 games) may be used.
- Handicap percentage shall be 90% of a scratch score of 225. No Negative handicap shall be applied.
- For leagues which bowl more than a three game series, ONLY the first three games per night shall count¬†toward tournament entry.
- The League Secretary shall verify and post the scratch scores for each scratch game and series and¬†complete the verification section of the entry.
- Payout ratio shall be 1 for each 8 entries. Entrants may cash only once from each league through which¬†they are entered in the tournament.
- League submissions of entries and accompanying fees must be postmarked by August 1, 2013.
$10 (US) , $10 (CAN), $9 (AUS), $8 (NZ)
(Conversion rates as of 6/24/13 as per Federal Reserve Bank)
For IGBO Representatives
Please photocopy the entry form and distribute to your league members. It is the IGBO Rep’s responsibility to collect entry fees and statistic sheet(s) from your league secretary for average verification as of 4/15/2013. ¬†This must be submitted with entry forms.
As an IGBO Rep incentive, for every league that submits 25 or more entries from their league, both the IGBO Representative and the League Secretary may enter for free! IGBO appreciates every effort on your part as the IGBO representative to not only support the mail-in tournament but to also use this as a tool to promote IGBO and make it visible to your local league members.
Please return Entry Forms, Average Verficiation and Check payable to IGBO by August 1, 2013 to:
IGBO,¬†c/o Bryan Hoff,¬†227 Romain Street,¬†San Francisco, CA 94131