The IGBO Fundraising Committee hosts three Best 3 of 6 virtual mail-in tournaments throughout the year that allow IGBO members to Bowl Locally and Compete Internationally during their regularly scheduled league play over the course of two weeks. IGBO League Members should consult their IGBO Representative or President for information on which two weeks apply to their local league.
The Summer 2017 Mail-In dates are:
June 11, 2017 through July 8, 2017
Scores are due by July 22 ,2017 with results released in August 2017
Summer mail-in tournament benefits: IGBO technology and infrastructure team
Download Registration Form
The Summer 2018 Mail-In dates are:
June 10, 2018 through July 7, 2018
Scores are due by July 20 ,2018 with results released in August 2018
The fall 2017 Mail-In dates are:
October 1, 2017 through October 28, 2017
Scores are due by November 11, 2017 with results released in December
Fall mail-in tournament benefits: IGBO Mid-year host city
The winter 2018 Mail-IN dates are:
February 4, 2018 through March 3, 2018
Scores are due by March 15th, 2018 with results released in April.
- Open to any bowler bowling in an IGBO Member League or is a IGBO Associate.
- Select a consecutive 2-week period.
- Entry & Payment MUST be received by the League Secretary or IGBO Rep prior to the start of bowling. Bowlers can ONLY enter once PER IGBO League bowled.
- Scores entered are SCRATCH scores bowled during regular league competition during the selected 2-week period for the league. Bowler’s highest 3 games of the 6 games shall be used in the tournament – PER LEAGUE. NOTE: if bowler is absent during league on dates selected, series shall be zero. NO post bowl or pre bowl permitted.
- ENTERING AVERAGE: Bowlers current USBC league’s average from Bowl.com (21+ games). If no USBC league average bowler may use 1) Current league average as of first day of the tournament (SECRETARY/IGBO Rep MUST submit league standings sheet), or 2) their previous year USBC composite book average. Scratch entries will use scratch scores only.
- Handicap shall be 90% of 225.
- ONLY the first three games per night shall count if league bowls more than 3 games.
- League Secretary/Verifier should verify posted scratch scores and series total, and initial above to indicate scores have been verified.
- Payout ratio shall be at least 1 for each 8 entries. Estimated payout 1st pays 15%, 2nd – 10%, 3rd – 5% of prize fund. Handicap and Scratch entries will have Separate Prize Fund and Payout.